I am seeking a reliable, hard-working team member to help install and maintain micro-irrigation systems in residential landscapes. No prior irrigation experience required — just a willingness to learn.
- Valid drivers’ license and reliable access to vehicle (jobs are located across Chicago, concentrated on the north side)
- Ability to handle physical demands of the job (to lift heavy materials, work in inclement weather, fit in small spaces)
- Good interpersonal skills (to talk with customers and co-workers)
- Positive attitude
- Good record-keeping skills (to track hours, inventory used, work completed, etc.)
- Ability to follow instructions as well as work independently and think creatively to solve problems
- Interest in learning about drip and micro-irrigation
- landscaping industry experience
- irrigation experience
- landscape lighting experience
- sustainable water usage experience or interest
This job could be a good fit for:
- part-time college students or recent graduates
- musicians, artists and others looking for supplemental daytime income
Hours range from 25-40 hours/week from late-March through mid-November, depending on weather and business. 40-hour weeks are common during peak times (April-June and Oct-Nov).
Starting (training) rate is $18/hour; raises within first season are possible, based on performance.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org: in the body of the e-mail, explain why you would be a good fit for the position. Attach a resume with relevant experience. Qualified applicants will be contacted via phone or e-mail.